David is an acknowledged expert in clearing and collateral management. With over 20 years financial services consulting experience, he has led many clearing and collateral advisory projects across buy-side, sell-side, CCPs and custodians, spanning strategy, target operating model and technology. He speaks at numerous industry conferences and is frequently quoted in financial services media.
David was the founder and Managing Director of The Field Effect (TFE), a boutique consultancy specialising in clearing and collateral management spanning cleared and uncleared OTC and exchange traded derivatives. TFE provided advisory services to every participant in the industry value chain: buy-side, sell-side, CCPs, custodians and CSDs.
Ten months after striking a strategic partnership, Delta Capita acquired TFE in 2019, creating one of the larger specialised consultancies service providers in prime brokerage, securities finance and collateral management.
- Senior practitioner with over 20 years Collateral Management, Securities Finance and Treasury experience across Front Office, Product and Change Management at Investment Banks, Global Custodians and ISCDs
- Significant vendor solution implementation experience driving change from project initiation and vendor selection through to project delivery
- Delivery track record in interpreting regulatory jurisdictional nuances and implementing the required process and functional change
- Target Operating Model formulation
- Business Analysis
- Project Management and Governance
- Stakeholder Management
- Senior technology practitioner with 20 years experience as CTO, solutions architect and programme manager responsible for delivering large scale programs in complex organisations across Defence, Investment Banking, Retail Banking, Insurance and Governments.
- Extensive experience in the Payments domain as both a CTO at leading Vendors (Dovetail, Concise) and as a Senior Consultant at a number of payment infrastructure institutions
- Effective at working with both the business and technology organisations to define and deliver their enterprise strategy, business solutions and improvements across payments, fraud, financial crime, regulations, security, business intelligence.
- B. Multidisciplinary Science (Computer Science) – Curtin University of Technology, Perth Western Australia
- Define and deliver enterprise and solution strategy
- Define and deliver enterprise architectures and solution architectures
- Define and deliver process improvements across business and technology
- Define and deliver technical solutions
- Lead development
- Manage and motivate teams